Sunday 10 January 2016

GETTING SERIOUS---Richard's Wear 10jan2016Sun

 GETTING SERIOUS---this is a serious suit as far as I am concerned.   I call it my Lt. Warf (Star Trek Next Generation) suit--Klingonesque.   I like just about everything about it.  The vest is not a real vest, it comes out in summer and attaches just behind the lapels.   The two rows of buttons on it have no real function.   Two obis furnished the patches as epaulettes and central back column below.  

Notice the stained glass experiment bottom right of the jacket back---I will as said in an earlier post--make entire jackets next out of this stained glass effect.  
 The pink color has it own merits, especially when worn by men.   It produces a deep visceral reaction in Japan--men are not supposed to wear pink---a violation, though no one in his right mind would confuse me with an effeminate male--my nastiness shows thru all to often and powerfully (in stupid costly ways).  

Personally I like irredescent pinks like the silk kimono material that comprises this suit.   I like pink obi on pink kimono background--thank goodness in this suit I escaped my old bugaboo of choosing hopelessly ugly giant contrast materials.  


 Some of course see pink as suggestive of the color of the female genital organ when spread open--but it is also the color of the male organ to a lesser degree.   But you have to be pretty bent out of sexual shape to bother  with such associations.  The color is striking, lively, buoyant and fun to see and to wear.   To hell with naysayers and cowards of all sorts.   Trying to please middle classers and upper class couture copycats is a waste of life.   The rich as simply too cocaine drenched to think straight and the middle class spends so much time grovelling they cannot avoid diseases foisted on them by American food companies. 

 The shirt at right is SOFA material---my old Manhattan girlfriend's idea of buying clothing materials ONLY from furniture stores--shirt material from drapery sections and sofa (in winter) sections.   If you expand the photo in size you see the striated gold braiding under the purple and slight pink floural pattern.   Thick and warm it is not metallic on skin and not uncomfortable to wear.  I bench press 140 kilograms nightly so moving in sofa material shirts does not tax my muscles much.
I have a dozen of these, all unworn as yet---I will try to get to them but last night I reorganized a bit my room and found 52 unworn as yet suits I will have to try to give a run to this year.

The neck tie I bought 22 years ago in Hankyu Takarazuka--it is tiny, shrunken, sized for Japanese after WWII.   So I have to tie it strangely as one strand not two layered.  

This is one of 3 neckties I have that are NOT hated by the Chicago Bulls basketball team of the Michael Jordan era.

I think I posted on Facebook and/or linkedin the 7 new suit designs coming a week from now from Vietnam.   They are new, experiments, and we will see--by wearing and observing reactions--which designs are great.  I have made this first bunch out of obis and kimonos I do NOT like much---no willing to waste top flight materials on experimental designs.  SO FOR THE DESIGNS THAT WORK OUT I will quickly make several suits of the same design out of SPLENDID materials I have been collecting each month from FURUGI fairs near my train station.     

No comments:

Post a Comment