Wednesday 13 January 2016

13jan2016wed RICHARD'S WEAR

I do not remember when I had this suit made.  The tweed came from Semba in Osaka for that means before I came to Tokyo, and perhaps midway of my Sanda time, say, 2001.   

The main show is the tweed---a warm tough soft vivid-in-color fabric remaindered in Semba.   The gold is obi, kept non-symmetrical here at the mid and bottom level.   
 This is a close up, slightly, of the suit to make the pattern of the tweed easier to see and appreciate.   Again my whole entry to fashion design was merely the single idea--WHAT IF clothes were made of non-shitty fabrics instead of junk from the world's poorest nations (for profit reasons).   What if non-shitty fabrics were  available to the masses (me)?

So I visited shops with ends of rolls at discount prices years after popularity.   That way I kept running across lovely strong powerful things to wear.  My design additions were, in the beginning, slight when not clearly misearble.  Later I learned some things and got creative.  
The back of the jacket is a bit of baby being born creativity--a nagare stripe but from an actual river not my own drawing.   I traced this neck of the Upper Nile, I believe, from an issue of National Geographic.   I liked the irregularity of the flow.  


This shirt is SOFA material, as ALL my winter shirts are.  I like it a lot---soft, warm, strong, gold, shining, but without the cheap metallic threads that make so many women's fabrics unwearable and, at close quarters, un-see-able.  
Originally I had about 50 pairs of pants from Syms and 70 shirts made of curtain of sofa material.   I dropped a few during house moves and now have about 50 of each.   With trousers I have designed of black stretch with obi patches, and obi vests I made, this allows hundreds of combinations.   

No comments:

Post a Comment