Saturday 13 December 2014

Richard's Wear 13dec14sat

 This is a suit from ten years ago.   It has an overlapping lapel frame in obi patches from two different obis and a left-side down patch for asymmetry on the front (left from reader viewpoint).  The shiny stretch velvet background yellow fabric is VERY comfortable.  

I wear this suit a lot--I like the color, the comfot, the obi layout and against a background of a horde or two of grey suited dismal "business" "men"--the shining yellow looks even more un-dismal.   
 This is the back of the above jacket.  The asymmetry is pronounced---as I like it.   No trace of tiresome symmetries--left-right and up-down are non-childish.  
 This is another shirt, zip front, collar cover, enlarged sleeve width, collar, and cuffs, from a black kimono with elegant pattern (not visible at the photo's distance).   Notice how Calvinist I look in black--women like men in black, the near-death color, because women like men, ahem, how shall I say this politely,------dead.   They fantasize about all that money without that obnoxious male personality in the way.   
 The stripe on the side is two obis, one embedded in the other in a top-bottom flow pattern.  
 This is the vertical view of the long stripe along the pants leg--one obi embedded within the other.  
 If you look carefully at right you see the yellow YKK zipper that fastens each sleeve to the "jacket", so the jacket becomes a vest in summer by removing the sleeves.  I have NO IDEA why all suits do not now do this.  
 This is my familiar green two-obi-combined half-sleeve jacket.  It is very warm, and one side has diagonal inter-mixing of the two obi patterns while the other side has vertical stripe inter-mixing of them. 
This is the back of that jacket, with a large nagare flow pattern mixing the two obi patterns.  Unfortunately the flow is too uniform in width to please me now---so I tolerate its weakness.  

IN CLOSING I have to emphasize how much fun it is to wear this today near my large adjacent train station.   The sun shines and sparkles as I walk and I get eyed by all the young ladies and men, and the old kimono-generation near death generations too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment