Sunday 7 December 2014

8dec14mon Richard's Wear

 Half sleeve jacket of two inter-woven obi materials---very warm, nicely stiff, obis require half sleeves (full sleeves tear apart due to range of motion forces for men).   Notice the diagonal alternative obi patches throughout on one side, vertical similar patches on the other side.   NO factory in the world--Milan, Paris, etc.--will do this much sewing except for bi-annual fashions runway shows.  
 The back of the jacket again is a Nagare flow inter-leaving of the two obi designs.  To be honest--I hate these sorts of all green and all orange obis so I keep them around and use them up for jackets like these.   The obis I use, as below, for suits, I like much better.   Because I dislike the obi materials I use in these jackets, I greatly LIKE these jackets--I can wear and wear them out happily, knowing that replacement patches will always be more to my liking.  I ADORE the clothes I most badly design and use them the most--ridiculous but I have met many others who do exactly the same--their best Italian suit gathering dust in a closet for 12 + years because they like it too much to use.  
 This is, I think, my oldest kimono suit--made in 1977 when I knew absolutely nothing about everything--I had no idea how much I was daily not knowing.   Therefore notice the boring ugly French-like left-right symmetry  YUK.   However, I was smart enough to use black stretch linen-poly-nylon weave fabrics, marked down in sales to less than 10$ a yard on Roosevelt Road in Chicago.   Arlington Heights fabric shops of Chicago's suburbs--BOORRRIIIINGGGG--sexless white people like that stuff.  Roosevelt Road downtown Chicago (200 or so south) gorgeous silks and ethnic fabrics of 20 nations--people who have sex!!!   Plus the Chicago Bulls have 2 stores of their own there--wonderful sales.
The back of the jacket--totally lacking aesthetic imagination and taste--the fabric is the entire message---take a crappy ordinary cut and pattern and substitute for the world's cheapest/ugliest fabrics (used by firms like Gucci etc.) any pretty fabric of quality. 

The hard part is picking good stretch background material--well done in this first experiment suit--and picking obi material (here uchikake material) that is tightly woven and therefore you don't look like a shaggy dog after 10 wears or so.   

Note as my body degrades into old shrunken prune-dom--I improve my packaging!!!!!
 I had no ideas at all about what to do with the gorgeous fabric so I just took entire suit pants panels and substituted uchikake for crappy usual Gap and Gucci like stuff.   

In the sunshine what you see in the back and side photos here SPARKLES as in the front photo above.   It is hard to realize how ugly I personally am when the package is this lovely--at least 50% of fashion's purpose (the other 50% crushing the ego of narcissist psychopath bosses and other top monkeys).   Put a 7000$ Italian suit and me in a lobby and all ALL all ALL all the nubiles will drift me-ward, not 7000$suit-ward.  The 7000$ suit bespeaks monkey on top, my suit bespeaks either courage or nuttiness.
This is the same kimono, same design, different actual shirt worn a couple of days ago--I happened to find its brother in a drawer.  Did not know I had two.  I love the feel of silk, its light-weight warmth in winter, and the sheen as one moves.  Who would guess an old shrunken prune is inside????!!!!!

I lift weights so at least the prune is strong--some compensation for ladies and others fooled by the packaging suit.  

Again the necktie is hated by all the Chicago Bulls of the Michael Jordan era (to be explained in a later blog).   By the way, a web search of 22,000 expensive neckties failed to find ANY of the sort worn here--the taste of the entire world has degenerated--a canary in the coal mine perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment