Tuesday 2 February 2016

 This is the 4th of 8 new designs that arrived this week.   The shirt is old--a year or two---from simple red kimono----very comfortable with replace-able extra collars and zip front, wide at elbow sleeves, and extra long sleeves.   
 The suit is kimono with white-silver obi material patches. The suit coat is long as I like that extra length but the sleeves though they should be long are short due to lack of material (and I was too lazy to find filler material).   
This suit is highly expressive of my inner nature---so I like it.  It is ME in a deep sense---my daily actual mood.   

I did what the research books recommend---worked almost entirely in college (at MIT and Wellesley) on making a FINE SELF---not career prep, not engineering tinkerings, not money grubbing "venture" this and thats of today.   I worked on deep inner things---expanding my mind, getting OUT of my hometown culture and ways, escaping 99% of what was IN ME.    I left me to become by age 55 an actual adult--someone NOT a copy of environments they were raised in.

This suit is adult to me---it celebrates life and being alive and thumbs its nose at gray suited fit in cowardly business"men".  It challenges all to LIVE.

The back of the coat is BADLY DESIGNED---the bands are too wide about five times wider than would be good BUT here because the material of the vertical bands is almost the SAME color as the background material, only one band stands out, making the effect good.   So I dodged a bullet here.   

By change the red shirt and red trim and red hat go together.  Too bad I lack Wizzard of Oz red shoes.  

I had 8 new designs this time and two of them are big mistakes, 2 are OK but not great, and 4 are GREAT---I have already lined up material to use for new suits repeating the format of the GREAT ones.    

Later in this blog I will combine one photo from all 8 designs and comment on which are great, which are OK and which are terrible.   

1 comment:

  1. Lining up my first GOLD KIMONO GOLD OBI suit for march and my GREENY GREEN deep green and gold silver obi suit for march. This white and purple and sliver obi one ABOVE is a hit---as far as reactions of the passing by public are---a dozen people came up to me to ask about it this morning on my way to coffee.

    ReplyDelete