Tuesday 9 February 2016

Richard's Wear 9feb2016tuesday

 This outer jacket is old, my Lt. Warf design.   I has cascading collars in the front and I have worn it in enough venues to say, with confidence--this is a BIG HIT.   People WANT IT.   I thought at the time of design it would be out there, beyond everyone, but what do I know?
 The back of the Lt. Warf jacket has a triangle shaped remove-able section for coolness in summer wear.   As a joke I thought I would make the triangle section, well, a bit......trangular!



The key to this jacket is the split accordian sleeves---so easy to move in---I have played tennis in it with no errant shots caused by stiff material or limits on motion.   
 This is the 7th design out of 8 new recent ones arrived (another that I called 7th was actually 6th).   A few designs ago I tried out a small STAINED GLASS section and liked it, so HERE it is the entire front--having worn this for a day I can say with confidence---I LIKE THIS and the people around me in Japan---LIKE THIS.   

As usual I am completely surprised by which designs people take to and which they reject.   This one was a bit too crowded and bold and childishly over-colored I thought but then I LIKE IT in spite of that and OTHERS not my friends LIKE IT in spite of that too.
This is the same back I used on other recent designs---it did NOT work on light and brightly colored background materials but it WORKS on this dark BLACK background.   I will repeat it in the future on dark background fabrics like this one.  


MY AIM IN ALL THESE DESIGNINGS---1) do stuff I personally like and want to wear    2) amaze the world dominating every room and event and venue visually    3) put to shame COUTURE cowards and their tasteless rich customers.    No 17,000 Dollars US bespoke suit attracts young ladies as well or long as nearly all my designs do---duh.   

No comments:

Post a Comment