Tuesday 24 November 2015

Richard's Wear Wed25Nov2015

This is stretch lace gold fabric with ONE obi patched on it.   It is VERY comfortable because breathing lace and stretch.   The sleeves are longer than needed and wider than needed because that extra cloth makes of a luxurious look given how usual cheapo fashions (all sold ones) minimize cloth expense for profits.   
 The back of the jacket is not symmetric, so I can tolerate it (I hate symmetry--Versailles! YUK).   I do NOT like this particular pattern tho.  



This is the back of ANOTHER outer jacket (the day was cold today).  It is my Lt. Warf (Star Trek Next Generation) line of outer jackets.   The triangle in the back is zip remove-able so in summer a thin breathing material is revealed making the jacket cool then.  The pattern on that triangle is a Sierpenski Sieve fractal.   

This is the front of the outer jacket at left--notice the cascade of collar shapes down both sides of the front.   These are patches from several obis not one.  

At right is the pants which are un-adorned in this old suit design.  





COMING in 2 or 3 weeks--my Xmas present to myself---are seven new suits, my best designs yet.   The problem is---the design can be great but the total effect ruined by material pattern and color choice.   So the best designs coming I arranged to have two suits for, out of different sorts of material combination---so perhaps ONE would be a hit.   I may have to make those coming designs again with a 3rd material combo to make visually evident the quality in the design itself.  We will see.   The problem in using great materials is any design element OTHER than the material choice often detracts from the power in the material itself.   So the more complex my designs the LESS impressive the materials should be.   I have a hard time toning down the materials I choose to use when the design is by itself great--a fault I will still have to work more to overcome.    BOTH the suit and the outer jacket today, however, we well done from THIS perspective--the material does not counteract the design complexity and vice versa.   I chose somewhat BORING materials for both and let the design complexity speak via boring materials.  

No comments:

Post a Comment