Monday 16 November 2015

Richard's Wear 17 Nov 2015 Tuesday

This goofy looking person is me.   This suit is wildly popular in Shinyurigaoka, the expensive suburb of Tokyo where I live.   I get stopped every single day wearing it by curious admiring girls and ladies.  Women LOVE men in black, reminds them the men will soon die and leave behind money to spend freely (a hypothesis).   

This suit is OLD, designed in 1996 when I was into short bolero jackets with zip removeable sleeves, and combining two thin flexible metallic obis in a narrowing design, wide at shoulder and narrow at waiste (I was 15 kilograms fat then and needed to look less pumpkin-like).   I add a cowgirl belt with bejeweled shiny stuff all over it--again admired by men in Japan everywhere I go.   

The hat is my usual deal--cheapie from the web with the crap band thrown away and a female belt from a local store for 12 dollars, added instead. The combination LOOKS rich because everyone accepts the crap that hat manufacturers put around hats to make money.   I do NOT wear any low quality cloths--a basic principle.  

The jacket back shows clearly the "make the waiste look smaller" stategy at work, but I like the assymetry of the central strip.   

The trousers have a truly random design, made by a little program I wrote, as we found that true random shapes catch eyes first and hold eyes longest compared to pseudo random shaped made by humans trying for a "random look".   

Something in the brain likes true random mixtures of shapes.  


There are about 110 suit designs that I did AFTER this one, including SIX amazing ones coming in a few weeks.   I have learned mostly because I do two sets of designs a year so I have five months to wear each set and get feedback.   I get to try them out with chambers of commerce, sexually hot young ladies, rich elders in my suburb, media and TV personaities and fashion designers at special cafes in fashion districts of Omotesando Harajuku.   The results are a sold body of "what works" and "what no one has ever seen before" on a life person--that populates my imaginings of what NEXT to invent and try and test.   



No comments:

Post a Comment