Sunday 29 November 2015

Richard's WEAR 29nov2015 Sunday

 This is what a US$17,000 Japanese obi looks like after 35 years of wear.   It blows away US$7000 Italian conformist cowardly conventional business"man" suits, especially when entering luxury hotel lobbies, restaurants, bars, and rooftop play areas.   LET'S BE CLEAR it attracts young women in numbers and amounts that no 17,000US$ italian grey calvinist suit can match.   

Look at the detail panels at left and below right.   THAT is what you get for 17,000US$.    Try matching that anywhere else on earth outside of Japan.  Every EVERY time I go to China wearing this suit, at least half a dozen rich guys or their wives/girlfriends come up to me asking the PRICE and "where to get".





 This suit is quite old---25 to 27 year old.   The background material is women's swimwear---stretch shining black fabric, very very comfortable.  It too has stood the test of time the last 35 years well.  

I have four or five such black obi suits and they all blow away Italian conformist Calvinist competition suits.   Even the ones with US$1000 obis on them.  


This suit was old therefore not really designed by me at all.  I made the obi patch tapered at my waiste as I was larger then and needed the optical illusion of slimness, which this suit achieves.  Nowadays I am slim and the effect is less needed.   
Notice the irritating symmetry of the suit---I HATE that--looks cheap to me---like tacky 7000US$ Italian ego packages.  


 Of course the suit looks more impressive without a dry shriveled prune--me--inside!!!

If ONLY I had avoided left right up down symmetry!!!!

It is these days extremely hard to come across obis of this quality except from old ladies in the train who notice what I wear and who contact me about donating their obis when they pass away---this happens several times a year.  

To be fair---there is a good bit of muscle under the suit in thiese photos, enhancing the shaped effects of the jacket.   I bench press 150 kilograms these days and that helps fill out the jacket top.   Another reason that using stretch fabric is good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment