Wednesday 8 April 2015

Richard's Wear 15April15 Wed

 This is a 35 year old suit--one of my very first.   It combines two obis---one a black silver pattern the other an orange and chartreuse pattern.  The shapes down the pants leg are TRUE RANDOM, computer made random curves intersected at random displacements and angles.   We found that TRUE RANDOM shapes catch attention first when competing with pseudo random curves drawn by humans and with non-random shapes.  The brain likes a bit of noise it appears.  
 This is the back of the jacket (duh) and has a V shape--at the time I was looking for ways to make my fat-ness less prominent.  Last year I lost 24 kilograms and now a year later I am still slowly losing weight but 18 kilograms less than my max as I gained some from weight-lifting.   (Bench press 140 kilograms on good days).   The V effectively all look slimmer than they are.   I like the slight dis-symmetry of it.  
This is the front of the jacket.  NOTE the V shape again for the same purpose, tho now unneeded.  The shirt is lady's swimwear---stretch chartreuse--one of my favorite shirt materials.  I had six made 30 years ago and 3 are still in their original packaging waiting to be used.  I found you cannot rub this material while washing--you have to soak it without friction the way you treat delicate wools in the same soaps as wools.  Stretch shirts like this that breathe are super comfortable.  The necktie was hated by the Chicago Bulls of the Michael Jordan era, as were all my neckties.  Heaven help me if I tried to get them again--I looked thru 25,000 neckties pages on the web a few years ago and found nothing that was not perfectly PERFECTLY AWFUL---god help us all if the rest of our civilization is headed where our neckties have arrived.  

No comments:

Post a Comment