Friday 20 March 2015

Richard's Wear 21mar15Sat

 I have a weakness for purple especially purply purple.  Perhaps I am a self appointed King of a tiny tiny kingdom--everything within 20 centimeters of me.  

This suit is a favorite, not by layout or style or impact, but just by the juxtaposition of a favored purple material (stretch as usual) with contrasting colors that manage not to be entirely gaudy.  
 I love this shirt, collar replaceable as usual, enlarged cuffs and sleeves (at elbow) out of gold with green stains kimono material, zip front (as always- I have buttons).   It is SO comfortable compared to the crap materials of men's shirts.   
 This front pleases me--I designed it to be worn open as at left and worried that it would make my stomach appear bigger--but then I lost 24 kilograms and could not find 15 of them so I am less round.   I still lose weight each week, slightly, but am gaining muscle due to 40 min of weight lifting each night from 10 to 10:45 pm.   Not sure I like the red hat with this but too cheap to find a purple hat.  
 This back pattern was just a refusal of pattern.   I wanted a mostly vertical thingy but without apparent intent--so I got what I wanted but do not really love the result.   It was something I tried--perhaps there is something in this that I can identify, purify, and turn into something great in another try.  

In coming months I have a sliver and gold on black project with 3 suits per order not ten--each more elaborate.  I will do my version of Yoji Yamamoto, the fewest things for the most impact--we will see.  
 This is the front fastened--again it WOULD have made me fat had I stayed at my prior weight but I lost weight so the doubling of fabric here does not make me rotund.  Nice.   I like the overall effect--so obviously anti-Calvin-ist---so liberated from the pale sad cast of employee-dom that culminates in 7000 US$ Italian cut boring blacks and greys.  YUK
This is the same suit with a gold silk scarf from China--actually a shawl folded over.  It is VERY comfortable though in general Chinese silks are much less strong and much poorer in design than Japanese silks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment