Wednesday 23 December 2015

Richard's Wear 24Dec2015Thursday

 This is a suit, without removeable sleeves, made from remnant stretch gold fabric that originally was expensive though I bought it from a remnant shop at a small fraction of that original price.   

This whole LOOK fits my spirit---my FUNERAL SONG will be a theme by Kabocha Shyokai--my favorite Chin-don-ya band (walking street band).   

This suit is me---my daily mood since 18 years old---pure unmitigated joy.    The world comes to me daily when my eyes first open, as pure amazement.   Wow---what IS all this world stuff?   Each day I do not know what I am and what "out there" contains for me.   



The suit combines two obis, both with basic black backgrounds.  The stretch fabric is essential as the obi materials are very stiff.  The elaborated up the sleeves cuffs please me greatly--an experiment that worked well.   
 The back is about the same as the front---which is a boring lack of originality for me---but I designed this in 1996, so it is one of my earliest designs.   

Also I got the combination of colors and materials right, I think, so the gold and silver and black and red and other colors are in good proportions to each others.   

The whole outfit SHINES when I walk in sunlight or under street lights on evening streets.   Woe be unto the driver who hits me claiming he failed to see me!!!!


 This, at right, is an even earlier vest, circa 1993, made of very cheap ordinary obi material that came on roles remaindered from a failed factory.   The vertical flow patterns of green with gold down please me even today.  Got this one right too I think.  
 The pants are one obi pattern from waist to foot with the second obi in its center from waist to foot.  This works well on the sides where it does not rub anything and fray.   

Remember, obi materials fray easily as do woven kimonos like uchikake wedding kimonos (printed more recent kimonos are not use-able as the print cracks and flakes off with only a day or two of use).  

OVERALL--this suit is me---a good if not great expression of my basic lifelong daily mood---WOW---should be written on my forehead and car bumper---my basic likelong daily mood--WOW.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment